Sunday, November 15, 2009

Final Folio


For my final folio I decided to do a short story, Never Woke Up, by Katy Towell. I like to call the story a fractured fairy tale. I origionally wanted to do Alice in Wonderland but changed to this story because I wanted to show something that I felt would not have been done and wanted something that would grab peoples attention simply because they were not expecting to see it.
The story tells of a small girls bad dream that she can't escape event by waking up. I choose to focus my photos on the possible fear and loss of hope I felt the story evokes. I choose black and white to represent this world to blend my subject into the environment, trying to evoke a sence that she is a part of this world and can not escape it. I also tried to achieve this look by making my subject look slightly ghostly, giving a sence of her fading into this hopeless world. The writing on my mounts was to give the audience a sence of the story and how I saw it. I tried to keep in theme with the story and make the photos,writing and mounts as 'fractured' as I found the story.
If I had to change my presentation I would have liked to present them in a book, but I would keep the text the similar to the writing on the mounts to give it my own personal view of how I feel the story moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment